Sunday, July 10, 2005

A Star is Born

Today I had the great pleasure to star in Spindle, an independent movie being produced and filmed here in Osaka by my friends Tony, Gary and Cailean (Gary was MIA for this shooting). Besides from these shots and a registered domain name the movie is still heavily in production and so they have little to show for it. It’s mainly being filmed in Osaka with some heavy blue-screen work to compliment the story and timeframe. So my apartment will not be in the movie. Also, working independently means that all the equipment is standard commercial stuff. So sometimes the writer has to hold up my lines and my wardrobe is really my wardrobe.

From what I gathered it’s a pseudo sci-fi flick centered around the Spindle, a massive space elevator that can transport stuff cheaply into space and is run by yours truly’s company, Versiyth? I can’t remember the name now.

Anyway, we had fun and I only had to wear the top of my costume, the rest was kanki shorts! The dialogue was a little difficult at times, I’d post some but its too much of a pain in the ass to type and sounds really silly without the context of the movie.

Spindle should be released on the internet sometime next spring, along with a DVD being planned and a possible showing at Sundance. Maybe I’ll get some calls after…

Wisdom of the Day: Don’t quit your day job

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home