Friday, May 12, 2006

Welcome Back, Again

Sorry.

That's all I can say. Yes I know it’s been about three weeks since my last update, and I apologize. Moving and setting up the new place took a lot more energy and effort and time and money then I thought, but in the end, it was worth it.

The new place came out great and while I still have a very strong connection to my old place in the gaijin ghetto (a.k.a. Benteniary or the olde ben-ten), I do have to say the new place is superior in many ways. First, the paint job is great! (thanks Uncle Jimmy, Jay, Keith, Chie and Andrew) and the furniture also came out really good (thanks Jay, Keith, Ed, Hank and Chie). And finally with a new home theater system (thanks Samsung, sorry neighbors) the place is becoming very comfortable. The theater system is quite possibly the best speaker system I've ever had, the bed is definitely the biggest, the TV I want will be the nicest, this place is definitely getting cool.

Still, there are a few differences to note: a) 50 parties, while possible, are a no/no; b) romantic balcony is no longer an option; c) kitchen based flame thrower, that I used to call a stove, has been replaced with an electric version - I like fire!; d) new place has windows-a-plenty, old place had 1; e) old building and neighboring buildings had a few cute girls inside, Bay Ridge has tons.

So, when are you coming over?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds good Nick. Congrats. I'll be moving into an apartment soon too.

So, is Nihon and everything that goes with it out of your system yet?

bc

5/14/2006 09:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home