Monday, July 04, 2005

Superman and Independence Day Return

Happy 4th of July Everyone!

We had some plans to celebrate this evening in a park near my house with some beer and some fireworks courtesy of the local Family Mart (they aren’t illegal here like in the states, which doesn’t make sense to me because guns are legal but fireworks aren’t?) and enjoy the evening, but rainy season has reared it’s ugly head and made today a rainy mess, so the festivals will probably be postponed for a week or so. This is a rather funny day for me here as every non-American I meet wishes me a happy 4th of July, yet I’m not so sure of the equivalent holidays in their countries... Sorry about that, only a slight oversight on the behalf of the New York City public school system, but at least I know it's not a tumor.

Anyways, today I raided BlueTights.net and watched all of Bryan Singer’s video blogs about making the new superman movie: Superman Returns, which sounds great and with Singer at the helm, I feel it will be amazing. I mean, he was the one that made two amazing X-Men movies which no one thought would even be close to good. Although, they recently posted a photo of Superman in his slightly new designed costume, not quite sure what I think about it, yet. Thoughts anyone? I also came across this site: IskandarSalim.com - Digital Arts & Beyond, from whose site and Blue Tights, I borrowed the superman poster above. This guy has some amazing stuff on this site. I especially liked theSpiderman picture and some of the other Superman stuff. Go check it out and show him some love.

Wisdom of the Day: Never forget a good wisdom of the day.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Superman!!??!!? Neat O! I'm ready.

7/04/2005 11:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, that costume bites the big dick though. He looks like he's the majorette for the gay parade.

7/04/2005 12:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry...I'm back
http://www.iskandarsalim.com/art_foxy.htm is pretty darn nifty.
http://www.iskandarsalim.com/art_legacy.htm is awesome....so, I have always thought the News was depressing and so seldom look at it. Not living in the states, now I hear nothing. Had no idea Chris Reeve died last October.

7/04/2005 09:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home