Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Slippery When Wet

Yesterday was payday and at the moment being a little too tired from too much work, and a little too lazy, I have skipped the gym to continue work on the PC. It’s also a good day to be inside, as it’s smack in the middle of rainy season, that lovely time of year when it rains quite often, sightseeing is annoyingly muddy and being late is more accepted when say during mid-summer when the sun comes up at around 4:53AM and comes right through your window to tell you it’s time to wake up enough your alarm disagrees with me and thinks you still have another 2-3 hours.

Today was an interesting day, as it began with a slightly overcast sky, began to pour right before I finished my high school, broke for two hours as I was walking and now has began raining as I type this and kill time before my next private lesson.

Typically rainy season lasts from the middle of June through the middle of July, based on where you are in Japan, and even more interestingly, it doesn’t rain all that much. I’d say in an average year we only have 10-15 rainy days during this period. While this is still more than your average Japanese month, it never really qualified to me as a rainy season.

Here’s more interesting news. Today is the first day I’m using blogspot’s picture system. I’ll see how it goes. I think it might not work the way I want to, in which case these pictures will be hosted on geocities as usual. Blogspot is apparently offering 300MB of web space for pictures, which is amazing considering stingy Geocities/Yahoo only gives you 15MB. But they do give you 1GB of mail space for all that spam you’re going to get soon. Yes, you know who you are.

Wisdom of the Day: Bring an umbrella during rainy season

Addendum: Okay, I don’t really like the blogspot photos. Too easy maybe, back to geocities.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh huh, he said, "Slippery When Wet" a huh huh.

Have fun you slippery karaoke bastard. Try not to ruin the sofa in there. Or break anything expensive.

6/29/2005 05:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home