Friday, July 01, 2005

July Returns

July is back, and only 3 days to go until Independence Day. A few things this post. First, yes, I’m proud to be American. Maybe our government does some questionable things and maybe we aren’t in the best light in the world or maybe have a bloody history to a degree, but we’ve come a long way and we are still decent wholesome people. If you can’t see that then don’t come! I’ll sing the Star Spangled Banner, drunken, from my balcony on Monday night to celebrate the declaration of our Independence from the sovereign nation of England. And if, any of your British folk, who I do hold in high esteem, except for Michael Lewis decide to criticize current American government and decisions, I invite you to open a textbook and look at your past (this message is for Johnny, not Phil, Andy, Doug or my other British mates whom I show the love all the time!).

Second, I’d like to introduce all those who don’t know, to Japanzine. In my humble opinion, Japanzine is the number 1 made-by-gaijin-for-gaijin magazine in Japan. The articles are interesting, the Dear-Sally a.k.a. Ask Kazuhide section is hysterical, and Charisma Man is a pretty close description of life here, to a degree. Got a question, ask the SAQ. It’s published in print, on the net and net-for-cell phone style every month, and best of all it’s free. If you are lost in Japan, or just visiting for a few days, it will definitely help you out with party listings, restaurant, bar and club guides and Classifieds. If you happen to be using my bathroom and feel you need something to read, just stick your left hand up and you’ll find a copy of it, or maybe this….

Wisdom of the Day: It’s never too late to quote stupidity.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. Thank you. That says what I would say, without the filth flarin' flarin' filth.

7/05/2005 11:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home