Thursday, May 18, 2006

Current Game

I always had found memories of the first Onimusha game. Released shortly after the launch of the PS2 in 2000, it was essentially Resident Evil (Biohazzard for all my Nihonjin no Tomodachi) with samurais, swords, demons, epic music and ancient Japanese castles. Even the shitty control scheme was the same. Yet I played it nearly to the end and enjoyed it. At the time of its release, a big pull for it was not only the then next-gen graphics, but that the main character, a fictional samurai named Samanosuke Akechi (supposed cousin of the real Mitsuhide Akechi) was modeled to look like the Japanese action star: Kaneshiro Takeshi.

Parts 2 & 3 continued to evolve the series by adding deeper fighting engines, full 3D graphics (1 & 2 had 3D characters on pre-rendered backgrounds), supporting characters and even more actors (Yusaku Matsuda, made famous for the thriller, Black Rain, played Jubei Yagyu, while Jean Reno played Jacques Blanc in Onimusha 3, where the demons attack modern day Paris.

While in Virgin Mega Store the other day I decided to pick up part 4, called Onimusha Dawn of Dreams. A new different game based in the same universe. Capcom rebuilt everything and have presented a game that's fresh and new. Also hearing monsters come up behind me on my new home theater system is awesome. I can truly say that they (speakers, not monsters) got me back into gaming. Why should you play Onimusha? Well not to sound like an advertisement, but for me, I have very little game time and am starting to focus more on games I can play for 2-3 tops and drop it for a few days. Upon returning it’s very easy to get into. The combat combo system is great, the comedy is spot on and they even left in the Japanese dialogue so I can practice.

Kingdom Hearts 2 might be next. But I'm buying a DS soon!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You officially suck.

Goodbye forever!

8/16/2006 04:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home