Thursday, June 23, 2005

The Girls of Osaka: Part Dux

Back by popular demand, we have the Girls of Osaka: Part Dux. I have scoured my photos to find the best I have of the girls I think that you, my New York audience, want to see or maybe meet in the future. If you happen to visit me in Japan I will be more than happy to introduce you and we can all proceed to get thoroughly drunk together. Now without further ado:


Ai: former girlfriend of a good mate of mine and all around interesting person. Has trouble moving on and keeping promises, but likes to have a good time, which includes dancing and drinking copous amounts of non-sobering fluids. Do not contract to clean your apartment after you have a house party for 50 people, even though she promised she would to make up for the fact that she treated you like shit, as she will get lost in the fun and forget about you and refrain from apologizing as she’s too busy smoking the leftover cigarettes from the party. Not bitter.


Shizuka: great gal and a lot of fun. While her English isn’t quite perfect yet, her time in Australia has perfected her listening and she’s a master at pretending she’s completely lost on your conversation, while in actuality she’s catching everything and already wondering on a scale of 1 – 10 how much of a prick you are. Seriously cool and relaxed, Shizuka is the perfect hang out friend for any occasion.


Miki: a.k.a. Miki-pan (pan is Japanese for bread, and in a few other languages I think too, it was stolen by Japanese scholars when they were importing words from other languages) is a student at Berlitz. She’s very genki and is always great fun in class, not to mention an apt student and a fast learner. Her bread is another story. She runs a bread factory for restaurants in the area and her baked goods are second to none. I would marry her in a heartbeat if she wasn’t already married to Ryo (a very cool bloke and very funny), seen here hiding with Baba-kun.

Fumiko: my private student from way back and now officially my oldest private student, not in years but rather how old she has been studying with me. Works in a handkerchief company and part-time as a bartender. Is insanely fun to hang out with and does a mean karaoke number. Only recently watched Star Wars for the first time. I assigned the other movies for homework and am awaiting her opinions. Recently hooked up with her new boyfriend Yasu, who seems like a stand-up guy. I wish them the best.


Tomiko: what I can say about Tomiko? She’s one of my best friends in Japan and truly one of the most genki people I have ever met. Has tons of cute girl friends who she consistently forgets to introduce me to. In addition she likes my short hair and is well versed in all the local ¥280 Izakayas!

Akiko: already mentioned in a former post which I will not link to, find it yourself!, Akiko is a Berlitz student who is a lot older than you think. She’s also genki and fun to have in class, but somewhat of a tease and is to be avoided in any sort of more-than-friends-relationshipal-way. Looks great in a bikini, according to the pictures she freely shows to nearly anyone she meets.


Misa, Hiromi, Zen-chan (left to right): basically this is my best picture of my private student, Hiromi. Misa and Zen-chan are her friends, whom I know very little about so I’ll stop typing about them. Hiromi is older than you think, so don’t try to guess her age, but she looks great. Her job is an interesting little quirky of Japanese culture which I will only speak of in person in case her English drastically improves and she finds this site. Likes scuba diving, cooking and keeping her apartment dirty.


Mina: currently working on her Doctorate in Linguistics, which is amazing to me since I can barely speak English. Mina is a great conservationist and tells a good story. Has recently become interested in Star Wars and has enjoyed the original trilogy on DVD in preparation for Episode III (still two weeks away…). Will move to Montreal in a few months and leave the excitement of Japan behind. Now if she could just wake up on time…


Marie: while technically not Japanese, Marie does live in Osaka, therefore she qualifies for membership in this post and was very excited to join. Marie is from Quebec and speaks perfect French as well as English, with a French accent on any words that sound more French, for example France. Can dance well, likes traveling and borrowing my vacuum cleaner.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Addendum to Marie: The best looking white woman I've ever met. Enough to make you switch back to dating within your own race. She is also intelligent and funny as shit. If people knew how awesome she is, and that she's single, there would be lines at every airport in the world coming to Japan to meet her.

P.S. Yes, stay the hell away from Akiko, and go buy Shizuka a lager.

6/24/2005 02:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home