Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Michael Jackson Suits

I kid you not. On Saturday while walking to meet a few friends for dinner and some drinks in Shinsaibashi I came across this small inconspicuous suit shop in the Shinsaibashisuji Shotengai.

Now I know what you’re saying, what the fuck is a Shotengai? Or maybe you’re saying MJ Suits? Perhaps, he’s a guilty freak. Or, why are you looking at MJ Suits? Mom, do you need a new suit? I’ll buy it for you. Maybe, why are you shoe shopping in the Shaolin? I’m sure at least one of you is saying Michael Jackso…who? So all of your questions in asked order.

  1. Shotengai is a Japanese word that roughly translates in covered shopping street. Imagine a street that isn’t so wide, on which cars cannot move and the sides are lined with shops of all sorts, kinds and varieties. Unfortunately I have not taken any Shotengai pictures in a while as they are rather common here and somewhat mundane. I hope the links help.
  2. The Michael Jackson Business Suit which I found is displayed here. You apparently receive some sort of autographed paper stating that you are now the proud owner of a new Michael Jackson suit, which he may or may not have designed specifically for you or for your particular nationality. The suit does seem to have a bit of the MJ flair usually absent from your standard run-of-the-mill Giorgio Armani suit. Purple cherub boxers are not included.
  3. Freak yes, guilty, I don’t think he’s as guilty as they say, but I certainly don’t think he’s as innocent as he has been declared. I’m sure he’ll vanish for a while now.
  4. I wasn’t, just passing by.
  5. No, Mom, no I’m fine. Please don’t get me any suits.
  6. Shoes? A little illiterate are we?
  7. Hmmmmm…..


Wisdom of the Day: be decisive and pick a color

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That second paragraph made no fucking sense...you have lived here way too damn long.

...I ain't stealin' your style, I'm studying.

6/22/2005 12:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Besides, I often shop for suits in the Shaolin. It's getting past all the ugly bald guys in orange pajamas that is tricky.

...I don't see any commentary on my SEX Ed. blog...still reading are we?

6/23/2005 08:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home