Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Old Shows


Cruising through one of the few remaining Bit Torrent sites the other day, Torrentspy, I found the complete set of one of my favorite all animated shows: ReBoot. ReBoot was probably the first fully computer animated shows to make it on to network television back when I was in High School. It’s the story of fictional characters who live inside the computer. They speak English but with the occasional computer reference, no one dies, for example, they go offline or are deleted, no one has a job, they have a format, etc. It’s a fun show with action and a fun story line and lots of comedy highly recommended.

Anyway, I what I was saying is that thanks to DVD, P2P programs and TiVo, these shows will never leave our collective consciousness. Just think of all the old shows you used to watch that are no longer on. A few of my favorites: the original Battlestar Galactica (although the new one kicks ass too), ReBoot, the Dukes of Hazzard (the movie looks great), Star Trek: Deep Space 9, Babylon 5, Seinfeld, Transformers, and many more. More series are being released everyday; recently I saw an advertisement for the A-Team DVD set, here in Japan. I didn’t think anyone here even knew about that show.

So what’s your favorite TV show of all time? Let’s see some answers in the comment section!

Wisdom of the Day: You can take the girl out of Brooklyn, but you can’t take the bullshit out of the girl

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thundercats Ho! I was big into cartoons, and Starblazers (in Japan, Uchu Senkan Yamato) was my alltime fav.

Funny you mention all those shows like the Ateam and Dukes of Hazard and Battlestar Galactica because they were NEW when I watched them.

As a kid I liked Star Trek (none of that Deep Ass 9 crap please.) and Happy Days.

The Fonz was the 2nd coming.

5/30/2005 09:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home