Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Japanese Space Battles

For all of you in North America and well most of the rest of the world, May 19th is international released of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. Unfortunately for us in Japan, the newest in the saga won't be released until early July. Now I told myself that I won't read any reviews, nor would I read any emails from my friends about, but thanks to my involuntary source (thanks Tony, and you said you'd bake us a cake!), yet with days till the premier I find myself scouring the web for any and all information!

Take for example this showing of former Mets outfielder and now of the Nipponham Sapporo Fighters, Shinjo Tsuyoshi, dressed like Darth Vader for the opening of Sunday's game against ummmm.. someone, sorry I couldn’t find out. Japan is simply Star Wars crazy, therefore what is one gaijin like myself to do until the release date? Well, here is my advice for all you depressed Star Wars addicts.

  • Run, don't walk to your local Tsutaya and rent the DVD for at least a week
  • Print out as many articles you can about the new star wars movie and use them as bases for your lessons plans for the next few months
  • Go home and just off your samurai costume from Halloween and get some green paint for that fake katana you bought in Kyoto
  • Bring in both the original and special edition Star Wars tapes and have the voice room students decide which is better
  • Always remember that creature names do count as new vocabulary words and are legal in certain Scrabble groups
  • Go out and get drunk. Hopefully alcohol and the beautiful women of Japan will help you get over your issues
I don't know if I can make it. Just please don't spoil the ending for me!

Wisdom of the Day: Eventually, you will have to turn the car around.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...ummm, the ending is, Anakin becomes DARTH VADER, kills almost all of the Jedi and has 2 kids who later grow up to be rebels. Later he does a whole lot more killing, kills some old guy posing as Ewen MacGregor and cuts off his son's hand. Later his son show's him up by cutting off his father's hand right back. Then in a stunning display of father-son bonding, Vader destroys the Emperor and then dies himself. They burn his plastic, robotic ass on a funeral pyre (you ever smelled burning plastic? Harsh.) After all, Vader's son turns out to be the one who was the chosen one and Vader just an angry prick.

5/16/2005 09:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home