Sunday, May 15, 2005

The Aftermath

Approximately 12 hours, 51 minutes and 47.2 seconds ago, the third and final in the Nick Party Series, Nick's Spring Party '05 ended, leaving drama, drunkenness, debauchery, daiquiris and delight in its wake.

The party started as usual, except with a wide variety of new faces making an appearance. Large amounts of food were served, including Oreo cookies, 100yen store brand pasta with the now-famous MAMA meat sauce, all manner of frozen chicken, a variety of breads courtesy of Miki pan, Ritz crackers, and much more. The party continued to build steam and people enjoyed themselves until the drama began.

First the bitch who lives next door called the building owners (a lovely older couple whom I am on excellent terms with and who live on the top floor of the building) instead of calling the police because she has no life and needs something to bitch about. Also she should learn how to control her fucking children because they make more noise on a regular basis than all three of my parties put together. She was also quite rude when I tried to apologize, which I nearly substited for a New York apology. Anyway I apologized to the owners, who were very nice to me, and I plan to issue a formal Japanese style apology tomorrow when their office opens.

Next a few people who were in the party leaned against a wooden divider door, usually used to separate rooms in a normal Japanese apartment but was hidden in the corner to make the room seem more open, and forced it to fall door on some poor girl's head. The bigger problem being that her head broke the small window in the door and sent glass flying all over. I was very impressed with the actions of my Japanese manager Baba-san, who took control of the situation smoothly and sorted everything out. Baba-san is also know for his strong resistance to the control of himself during periods of intense alcohol consumption.

Then after two crises, I had to deal with the noise management, FAC (floor alcohol content), bathroom poster signing (they always forget!), wrestling, smoking, bungee jumping off the balcony, samba dancing, a Vanilla Ice CD (where did that come from?) and a few rusty trombones.

Karim was nice enough to photograph the guests and various drinking spectacles so I'll have those pictures up in a few days when I get them. Until then I'm left with a dirty apartment and the stench of old beer. Okay, well now it's clean.


Wisdom of the Day: more people = more noise

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home