Friday, May 13, 2005

Adventures in Haircuts

Okay, we definitely have a problem. Yesterday, after attempting to grow my hair out for over three months, I decided to finally get a haircut, being unhappy with the way my hair was looking and the amount of time and gel it was consuming. My usual haircut is very simple: shave the sides and back, trim the top, keep it all short enough to get out of the shower and go, but still have a little more on top then around my head. But since I had so much hair I figured this time I would take a No.2 set of clippers and have the whole hair buzzed to very short so that I could style it as I wanted later.

Now I'm not stupid enough to attempt this sort of trim myself and I have no issues whatsoever with paying the barber fourteen bucks to cut it. I entered the barbershop and told him, in my best Japanese which apparently isn't very good, what I wanted. He must've asked me if I was certain about 20 times, which is a common occurrence in Japan so I didn't think anything of it. It was only after I had no hair left that I realized my error. I had told him a number much shorter, thanks to the good translation and hairstyling advice of my friend Carl, than he expected and he wasn't sure that was what I wanted, hence the questions.

Well, now I'm kinda bald. I have included some bad pictures for all to see, but I reckon within about 10 days my head will be dark again, and within two weeks I will no longer feel cool breezes on my scalp. Now I know how you feel Chris!


Wisdom of the Day: Study the language of the country you intend to live in for a while.

Check out the World of Jedicraft website

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

....Carl here. So I canni figure out 2mm... but when everyone agrees ya look good ya should just quicherbitchin and be happy. As Billy Crystal was once famous for saying, "It's better to look good than to feel good. And you look marvelous."

5/17/2005 11:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home