Sunday, May 08, 2005

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day in Japan and America. Thanks to 1800flowers.com I'm saved. I don't mean this to sound like an advertisement for that company and in many ways I feel Mother's Day, like many other national holidays, has become more about making money for large corporations rather than about appreciating your mother. Still I wanted to make sure my mother knew I was thinking about her, all the way from the other side of the Pacific. Actually the two most important people in my life are my mother and grandmother, both of whom raised me and I can say that a great portion of my personality comes from them. And they are the best cooks in Brooklyn, Don't ask me to say who is better, because I'm not getting into that. Let's just say they both have their own specialities, including grandma's meatballs, which only get made on special occasions these days.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you to Mom and Grandma for everything you've done for me. There isn't enough space on the web to write all the things, but I just hope I have made you proud and grown into the man you hoped I would be.


Wisdom of the Day: Call your mother!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home