Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Tadaima!

Got in pretty late last night, but surprisingly I'm not jet lagged today. I think my body never adjusted to New York time, which would explain why I was always tired there. Here are some pictures for anyone who wants to see.

On the trip back to Osaka I finished the Da Vinci Code. Since everyone has read it I can say my thoughts. If you haven’t read it then stop reading this. Anyway, most of the people I've spoken to are very concerned with the idea the book puts forth that Jesus Christ was married and had children. While this in itself is a big revelation, I think most people are overlooking the fact that Dan Brown is screaming that the Catholic Church is a fraud and that Jesus was really just a man. An influential, highly intelligent, charismatic leader, but still only a man and not the son of God, which all Christians believe him to be. This idea is understandably troubling to many people, but Roman history, the Dead Sea Scrolls, and a large number of books would seem to credit this theory. There is one underlining point I would like to make. Whether Jesus was a man or a supernatural being, does the meaning of his message and teachings change for you? I would still prefer my neighbor to treat me as I treat him, although he usually doesn't. I think many people are too concerned with the details of the story and not enough with the author's underlining message: being a good person and leading a good life has nothing to do with which religion you follow or the belief system you have. Now if only more people could understand this.


Okay, rant finished. We all have to sometime. And everyone can stop telling me to read the book now.


Wisdom of the Day: If someone asks you if you are a God, you say Yes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home