Thursday, August 04, 2005

Dinner at Tamon's

Last night I had the pleasure of dining with two lovely Japanese ladies by the names of Junko and Kaiyu (Kaiyu's name I mispronounced quite a few times, good job Mr. 3 years in Japan!) at the excellent Tamon's Cafe in Umeda. Tamon's Cafe is the closest thing to an American style sports bar I have seen in Osaka, this coming from Tamon's experience as an American Football player (or just Football as we say). The place is filled with big screens, movies, hip-hop music and great food. I highly recommend the nachos and the pizzas.

Junko is a former Berlitz student and friend of mine who also happened to attend the high school which I now teach at called Meijo Gakuen. She found it very funny that the teachers she had nearly 13 years ago are still teaching today. Kaiyu, her friend and coworker, is absolutely obsessed with New York City. Similar to Seoul as I took many pictures of restaurants in Korea that seem to be in love with NYC.

On a side note, I had to finally throw out the box of Cap't Crunch, because I was eating too much of it, even though it was still about half full. I think I'm breaking out from the sugar, or the heat, can't tell.

Wisdom of the Day: When self control fails there's always the garbage pail

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Junko was a MEIJO girl kaaaaaa?!?!?! Well that explains a lot. Whoa. For example why she's cute but very boyish at the same time.

What the fuck is up with NY Shabu Shabu? "Japanese food made just like in the Bronx." What?!?!

BTW, I wonder if you read that blurb about Nakamura...or if I read it enough...but it appears he was NOT an American football player, rather a European NFL player...which makes no sense and should never be allowed...ever.

So, this is why you never have any money. Out FISHIN' all the time. I don't have any money either, but that's cuz I reeled a couple in and just ... (I think I'll leave the fish metaphor right here I don't see how I could keep from getting gross.)

Anyway, it's time to plop your NY sausage on the table and ask them girls if they want it with mustard or hotsauce and get to work.

BTW, Misa wants to come to the Kompa too. Hahaha!!!

8/04/2005 07:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home