Thursday, July 21, 2005

The Search for Unos

Yesterday’s blog was posted from Icheon International Airport, just west of Seoul in South Korea, and seeing how I didn’t have access to my system I was unable to post some pictures from this trip, so now I’ve added a few, just click the links shown here.

As many of you know I used to work for a branch of a Chicago-based theme restaurant (yes, I know the headquarters are in Massachusetts, but it started in Chicago) called Pizzeria Uno, which has 200 restaurants in the US. I worked there for nearly five years and some of you who are reading this site worked there with me. Anyway, I was excited to remember that Unos has a branch in Seoul. Therefore, I made it one of my trip goals to find this Unos and have at least one dinner there in between all the donuts and yakiniku I was eating. Unfortunately finding the place was harder than I thought. The day I left for Korea, the site crashed and I was unable to find the location information for the Seoul branches. So I tried asking people I met, but none seemed to help.


Tour Guide- Myung-Ja Park: I don’t know it. There are many pizza places in Seoul, and besides I don’t like pizza so stop bothering me about it. Instead let’s go shopping again.

Trilingual CD Store Owner- Park Chull: Never heard of it. I have the new Coldplay album, 1000 yen cheaper than Japan.

Hotel Front Staff- Dae Chung: It’s too difficult for me to find it from the information service. Go to Pizza Hut instead. Have you been shopping today?

Bennigans’ Host: There are many restaurants like that. I don’t know it. Please try the Monte-Cristo sandwich, its delicious! (It was!)

Palace Tour Guide- Bo-bae Yun: That’s probably the only question I don’t know. You should call the Information line. By the way, why didn’t you laugh at any of my tour jokes?

Dunkin' Donuts Staff: ::points at the price::

Beautiful Girl Bar Staff 1: Sorry I can’t speak English.

Beautiful Girl Bar Staff 2: Don’t know it. Stop starring at my chest.

Bar Owner- Kim-ku Jeong: Nice to met you. Ready for another drink?

Starbucks Staff: eat here?

English Information: I have never heard of it. I can recommend some other pizza restaurants or do you like shopping?

Taxi Driver: ::unintelligible::


Anyway, at the airport yesterday the site was back up and I was able to find the location. Did I mention that finding internet access proved most difficult, and the few people I called to look it up for me in the states and Japan were unable to access the site? No, well I just did.

With the location in hand, I returned to Osaka, without any Chicago style pizza in my stomach. Perhaps that’s a good thing.

Wisdom of the Day: Brooklyn Pizza is better.

1 Comments:

Blogger JediCraft said...

Never got around to it. But I saw it for sale in plenty of stores and shops. As well as WarCraft, Lineage and a couple of other Korean based games whose names I couldn't read.

7/21/2005 08:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home