Monday, July 25, 2005

Quick and Typhoony

As I type this the Kansai area is in the path of a Typhoon. For those of you who didn't study meteorology, a Typhoon is simply a hurricane in the Pacific Ocean. Of course, for all us Americans, any hurricanes that don't hit America aren't important, right?

Anyway, some people are worried about flooding, or damage, the suspending of train services, etc. I'm worried about two things:

1) will my office be close tomorrow due to numerous cancellations?

2) what will happen to the price of lettuce?

Basically I could have a whole day off, which means I could sit at home in my boxers and work on the website, which was supposed to be up already by needed a CSS redesign due to flaws because I'm still learning it. Also when Typhoon season starts the lettuce crops are destroyed and due to the fucked up laws and Supply&Demand, the price of a head of lettuce jumps from around 150yen/head to around 800yen.

Also, recently I'm trying to stay home and save some money, and I was kinda broke this weekend as payday is Friday, so now I have plenty of time to blog and nothing exciting to write about. Yet, when I'm busy I have plenty to say and no time. That’s a Catch-22 if I ever heard of one.

Oh, and Congrats to Lance Armstrong! What a way to acknowledge your cancer, go out and win 7 Tour de Frances consecutively! When I get it I hope I can too.

Wisdom of the Day: Fresh air will do you good.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. Kinda interesting conversation at my job today. A comment was made about the Japanese Manager being pissed that the English teachers were becoming too close to the students.

I am sure he really means the male teachers having sex with the female students.

Without any provocation, the boss mentioned my friend "Mick" by name in that meeting. I just kinda changed the subject.

On top of that, today, our buddy Sal phuked the pooch by sending an email to his boss by mistake that was meant for "Asako".

He intended to forward his work schedule to Asako with a little added note attached, but somehow he ended up sending the mail back to his boss! Fortunately the mail was tame, but Sal's wolf nose is showing under his sheepskin cover.

Gonna have to buy both Sal and Mick new Sheepskin clothing, old ones are showing through.

7/26/2005 01:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning. It's sunny, the Typhoon didn't come and we have to go to work.

7/26/2005 08:20:00 PM  
Blogger JediCraft said...

If this boss of yours has a problem with this Mick character he should have the balls to say it to his face rather than behind is back. I doubt Mick will give a shit either way.

7/26/2005 09:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's them slick code names what give up aninmimmini...anmi..anima..amimini...keep us secret and stealth like that there.

Anonymous as it gets

7/28/2005 03:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's scary and mysterious.
Due to these uncertain times Mick has decided to change his code-name to the newly unbreakable Rick.

7/28/2005 11:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home