Monday, April 17, 2006

The Home Stretch

What a week. 4 days of apartment stuff and a little drama.

Tuesday: we entered the apartment to see its current state, piss yellow painted walls with a puke green kitchen. Floors that were messed up or didn't match, and lighting being redone. We measured, we chatted and we drank. A battle plan was partially made up.

Wednesday: IKEA here we went! While waiting for my mother (we call her Wheels) to work her way through the east side rush hour traffic, also known as the 'Kongo Line' I searched through Crate and Barrell. Most of their stuff was okay, but nothing that thrilled me. So it was off to NJ and IKEA. We found it, went in and I bought. One more trip will finish the immediate stuff.

Saturday: 12 hours of painting, beer, chips, cookies, jokes and classic rock later, we have an apartment that I call finally call my own. In one day we primed, colored, trimmed, cut and touched up all four rooms in the place and made it acceptable for living. I won't ruin it by telling you the scheme, but when you see the pictures and/or come and visit, you will like it.

This week: packing, and lots of it, in two locations. Another trip to IKEA to finish up and maybe some floor work before moving day on Saturday. If you're free, consider yourself drafted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home