Wednesday, March 29, 2006

New Digs

I know in the past I have bitched and moaned a little about how I really don't like Bay Ridge so much, and this is true, I really don't so much. But when a decent apartment came my way, I found myself having extreme difficulty saying no. Especially since 6 months back home is my limit.

Picture this, a large 1-bedroom apartment. I mean a decent sized bedroom, huge living room, smaller officey room with large closet, big kitchen with enough space for a table, chairs and a cabinet, in addition to the fridge and stove. Plus, French doors, a built-in-shelf in the living room wall and quiet area facing windows. Next the rent; While I was stressing a little, its only about $100 more than most of the much smaller studios in Bay Ridge and Astoria, the two areas I was thinking about. And finally, I can move in, in two weeks. The landlord also cut me a few other deals and made the deal very sweet. I've decided to sign a year lease so worst case scenario, I change places in a year.

Not bad at all. But, there are a few changes worth noting:

1) No all-night 50 person parties allowed.
2) No holes in the walls, ceilings, floors, glass windows or frying pans.
3) Beds allowed, although Japanese style Futons are okay too.
4) Illegally borrowed “Road Work” lighting systems are prohibited.
5) All manner of balcony activities are now not allowed due to lack of balcony issues.
6) No pets!


Pictures forthcoming when I move in. The moving crew will be ready, you know who you are!

3 Comments:

Blogger WhipSlyme said...

You should elaborate on those balcony activities mate!

Nice picture. Have I seen that place before?

4/01/2006 03:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I too would like to voice my, "Ummm?" in regards to the picture. You can fool me with the no-ren hanging there, cuz you probably bought one and brought it back home, but the little Japanese fridge and little Japanese size denshi-range? Was this the kitchen before Bentencho?

So, in regards to your list of no-no's, what about leaning against glass doors? I think that shouldn't be allowed here either.

Hmmm you are saying, "Especially since 6 months back home is my limit." is curious.

I wonder if we'll be here when you come back? We are going to Seatown this summer to 1. Rest 2. See if we really think we can live with so many Americans or if it will be just as bad as living with so many Japanese people. (I don't know if I'm okay with 1 race-heavy places anymore) ( i.e. I may be fucked).

Also, could you please shed some like on the BayRidge factor for us non-NY'er types?

4/01/2006 10:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps you should make sure you have a fire-proof suit and extinguishers handy...?

4/04/2006 08:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home