Thursday, April 06, 2006

April Snow

Has the world gone amuck since Tuesday? I take a day off to relax from blogging, and as you know I sometimes take more than that, and I see all kinds of crazy things happening in the news. First, yesterday we had a real Yongetsu no Yuki, much to my surprise and probably the beautiful Yuki I knew back in Japan. I was completely floored when the client I was setting up a network for suddenly and unexpectedly yelled, “Hey, Nick, it’s snowing!!!” Was not expecting that.

Second, the big Mac announcement. For all of you who live under a rock, here’s the short version: Macs can now run Windows. Yes, I actually said that. Thanks to a new Apple beta program called Boot Camp, Intel Core Duo based machines can now run in dual boot mode to either Windows or Mac. The software includes all the drivers you will need and even helps with the archaic BIOS boot-up system. This is beta now, but will be a part of the OS X 10.5 Leopard. Now, I think I will order one.

A few other things worth noting: I know now where Katie Couric lives, get a little more original with your SSIDs baby, but don’t worry, I’m not telling anyone. Linksys plugs can make an old Airport work, but I’m not sure if it will burn out or not, only time will tell. The deli downstairs actually has fairly decent Mac&Cheese. Google Local will never be able to find your office well. Coffee Shop in Union Square has a decent bar, if not a bit too Euro-trashy at times…

1 Comments:

Blogger WhipSlyme said...

Shouldn't that be "Shi-Gatsu" mate? Hope u r well. So should i buy a mac?

4/07/2006 02:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home