Sunday, March 26, 2006

Cha-La Head Cha-La

Which is the equalivent of Daijoubu in Japanese, which translates into “I’m good,” or “Are you okay?” depending on the intonation. Any person who was serious about anime back before it’s mass distribution in the states and the English bitchation of the song in question, know where this is from; Dragon Ball Z.

Actually, I’m not sure what got me into this. I came home and was doing a few things before taking a shower and care across this while in a search for Hasegawa Kyoko videos on Google video search. This in turn made me want to here the theme music again, the two most famous being Cha-La Head Cha-La and We Gotta Power.

So whats the point of this post? I’m not really sure. I guess I could talk about Dragon Ball, it’s history, storyline’s it’s trouble with the American censors, but this article on Wikipedia does a much better job. For anyone interested in the short version, the show was censored somewhat in terms of language, some minor nudity, slightly too violent fighting scenes (have you seen any Hollywood movies??? This was an anime!!!) and my favorite, a character who was the greatest known fighter in the world, an egomaniac, and he sucked by the way, Mr. Satan. His name was considered too offense for American “Christian” audiences, although he is not a evil character, and many consider that he was designed by series creator Akira Toriyama, as a parody of the 1960s American martial arts figure Count Dante.

Now, I think I’ll go to the highest point on Bay Ridge and eat some chicken.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks. Just what I needed, ANOTHER fucking player to suck up space on my aging PC... but now that I saw the Hasegawa Kyoko vid (again) I think I wanna actually HEAR the others.

So, when ADSL is old, does she take off the last shirt? Hmmm.

Wierd how many random girls in Osaka and Kobe there are that are JUST as hot as her. In the states, you could go 6 months without seeing a chick as hot as one of our various "Movie Star" types.

I will miss being surrounded by beautiful women, everywhere I go...

4/01/2006 10:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home