Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Batman Forever Returns?

Okay, that movie was merely alright, but the new version, Batman Begins, looks to be kick ass. With all all-star cast, an amazing director and some great looking special effects, I’m expecting it to kick the ass of the previous movies, not an easy feat considering I consider the original Batman to be in my Top20 greatest movies of all time, still didn’t buy the DVD though…

Anyway, Japan is stoked. Not only does the movie star their very own Ken Watanabe, but it’s got a definite Asian theme dealing with Bruce’s transformation, as well as a web site that kicks the ass of the American one with an amazing Flash dossier of the characters and the story. The most interesting thing is the advertising being done around Osaka. My camera isn’t good enough to get a great shot, but I was able to take this. It shows the area of Osaka castle being swarmed by a flock (is it flock?) of bats. Another shows Tokyo getting the same treatment. Not exactly what I was expecting, but cool nonetheless.

Batman Begins starts on Saturday here in Osaka, and I already have my tickets!

Wisdom of the Day: Buy the DVD

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just before Batman with Michael Keaton came out in 88 or 89' Batman comics were hot as hell and several whoop-ass graphic novels came out. Dark Knight Returns and The Cult were both really fun to read, as was "Year One" which is what this newest movie seems to be reaching toward.

By the way, I thought 2, 3 and Batman and Robin were all piles of rubbish. Michael Keaton did a pretty good job of portraying the DARK Knight. Christian Bale may be able to do it, although the Matrix ripoff movie...title illudes me...he starred in was seriously lacking.

6/15/2005 11:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow~! No I haven't, but it sounds fun! Twisted is fun. Arkam Asylum was bent. The only time I got rooked with the Batman comics was when Robin was killed and I was stuck with the "Other 3" books in the 4 book series... life was hard then. hahaha.

6/18/2005 11:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home