Saturday, April 16, 2005

24

Jack screams for a Calorie MateFinally brought back that DVD of 24 season 3. It was due today after sitting in my house for a week. I also saw a commercial here for a Japanese food called Calorie Mate, with Kiefer Sutherland and a helicopter and SWAT cops that looked like it was taken from the show. There are also print ads in the subways and train stations. The thing that surprises me the most is that the popularity of 24 here in Japan has not spawned a copy show using Japan as the backdrop and Japanese actors. One would think it's a cash cow for any television network, and they all need some help these days. My friends claim that Japanese TV producers don't even have enough originality to copy a show. Instead they continue to churn out more bad dramas. I wouldn't know as I don't watch much TV here.

I have watched some of a comedy drama called Gokusen. It's about a teacher, named Yamaguchi Kumiko or Yankumi for short, who has to teach the class filled with the most problematic students in a high school in Tokyo. The catch is that Yankumi is the next in line to run her family's business, that is controlling all of the criminal activity in Tokyo. And did I mention that the actress, Nakama Yukie, is oh so cute? Translated episodes available here.

It's a On a totally unrelated note, I went over 8 days without drinking a drop of alcohol. Where's my congradulations drink?

Wisdom of the Day: Do not today what you can put off till next month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home