Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Nothingness

I have absolutely nothing to say today. And maybe that in itself is indicative of something. Could it be that I am speechless? Is it possible? Well, no not really since I am writing this, basically about nothing. So what should I write about? My mind is basically blank. There has been nothing gleaming in the news today that makes me feel like writing, nor has anything very exciting happened in my life.

Work is the same, nothing too exciting, although tomorrow I may be purchasing three new laptops and software for one of our clients. It is fun to go shopping for computer parts and supplies, even if they aren’t yours. In actuality, a computer requires a lot of work and time to work well and the way you want to. While I like putting in the time to make my computer “mine,” it’s still a lot to do. Case in point the system in front of me now: the same laptop that I have had for nearly three years. It still runs very well, and a RAM and HDD upgrade have increased its usability quite a bit. But, I have installed Windows three times on this system, first two for periodic hard drive wipes, the second to install a new hard drive.

I would love to upgrade to something faster, but will I notice the difference? Will Paint Shop Pro or the Flash plug-in on load faster or look cooler? Probably not. I know a few games will run better and I will be able to run the high rez quicktime movies smoothly. I’ll have more hard drive space, or windows might load quicker, etc. Yet, I don’t care so much, I’m content. The scary thing is that 3 years ago I wasn’t content with a computer for this long. I can’t imagine having owned this system for so long, it’s scary. I still look at it and think: it’s a cool looking system that runs well. This contentness is something I have never been in the world of computers, something that runs through my mind every time I buy or install a new system, peripheral or cool new piece of software that I would like to have. Something I don’t think I want or am ready for...

In retrospect, I found something to write about.

Do you care though?

1 Comments:

Blogger WhipSlyme said...

gotta get into it man...

2/22/2006 08:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home