Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Busy Times

Whew... Work is busy. Although this is something I expected, I didn't expect to be so poor at time management. I go to sleep early, get up very early for work and get home usually after 7PM. While this is not so unusual, the problem is that I continue to make social appointments and basically never leave a night to just relax and maybe play the new game I just bought: DragonQuest VIII.

Don't think of me as an Otaku just yet, the main reason I bought this was to stay home and try to relax more and spend less money going out. Here's the current situation: last night I had dinner with Dustin and his cousin and my good friend, Andrea, who lives in California but is in town for Fashion Week. Tonight is (or was depending on when I post this and when you read it) my company's slightly delayed New Year's party at a restaurant called Blue Smoke (hmmm... meat). Wednesday or Thursday will be games and pizza with Ryu, while Friday Ed is coming into Brooklyn and promises he is meeting us for drinks.

So all my efforts to make this week into a good, stay at home and not drink or spend too much money week, have all but evaporated. I guess there will be plenty of time to stay home when I'm older and/or married.

I don't really want sympathy, maybe just an extra day in the week, scratch that: weekend. Or maybe just an extra two or three hours in the day for sleep. That's not too much to ask is it? The only pissed off people will be the writers of 24.


Wisdom of the Day: Wiseman Douglas says: forgiveness is divine, but never stay home when you have an opportunity to go out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home