Sunday, March 05, 2006

Snowmen Cometh

Maybe I should’ve posted this on Thursday night, but I was busy drinking downtown.

Anyway, as I said before Thursday was predicted to be another bad snow day, and what a day it was. I woke up in the morning, made my way to and from the gym and to my first client of the day in a chilly, grey day. The sky showed no signs of movement and the light of the sun, while striking my skin, were hidden from our general perception.

After an hour with my first client, I exited a large uptown apartment building to find myself uptown and in a veritable and beautiful mist of white. The skies had opened and I felt like singing “Jingle Bells.” At least, until I got off the train some 80 blocks later and found the weather had warmed enough to turn the mist into a flood of rain-like hail which hurt and wet in one swift blow.

I was lucky enough to spend most of the rest of the day in the office, until 3PM, when it was back out into the wet of it to install a printer. By this point, the rain was peltingly heavy and the city had transformed again into an icy flooded wonderland of slickness.

But now as March has engulfed us, there is no more snow to look forward to and Central Park will rebloom into the beautiful summer bouquet that we all know and love. The least I could do was show some pictures from the last major storm of this winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home