Sunday, February 26, 2006

Comic Movies

Hope you weren’t sick of them yet, the comic book movies are still around in full force. This summer expect to see two sequels which I am very excited about and finally some more information is materializing about what is expected to be ‘07’s biggest movie.

X3: The Last Stand, is set to come out on May 27th and the city is loaded with posters of the various characters posing next to the taglines: Make a Stand. Here I have pics of Wolverine and Jean Grey and I also happened to glimpse one of Storm (of course I want to see naked pictures of Haley Berry form Swordfish!) on the side of a building while come back from Comic-Con. I don’t know much about the story expect the war between humans and mutants will jump into full force and I’m expecting a lot of action. The only problem is that Bryan Singer, who was responsible for X-Men and X2, is so busy with the next movie on my list and has nothing to do with X3. It’s being run by Brett Ratner, whose only really big previous film is Rush Hour 2. The previews look okay, but you never know. Guess I can wait until May to find out.



Superman Returns: I’ve probably spoken about this a few times already and it was my trailer of the month a few months back, but I’m very excited about this. Bryan Singer is a great director, if you have any doubt about this then go and rent The Usual Suspects. The story, which assumes Superman III and IV didn’t happen and vaguely references to Superman II, is kinda a new sequel to the original Superman film by Richard Donner with Christopher Reeve. In this new story, Superman leaves Earth for a while and comes back to find the world seems to be managing without him. To boot, Lois Lane has moved on and had a baby with someone else. Many people are a little worried about the new Superman actor, Brandon Routh, but I have a lot of faith in Singer. Take me away, my friend.




Spiderman 3: Not much is know about this summer 2007 blockbuster, except the photo I have included next to this paragraph, which, to many is an indication that Spiderman 3 could be the darkest of the series so far. Although, I never exactly thought of part 2 as a happy movie. There are many rumors flying around about who will be the bad guys around in this installment, will it be Sandman, Eletro, Venom? Some rumors even suggest that James Franco will dawn his father’s Green Goblin mask and rebirth the character, possibly at the end of the movie, setting up number 4. At least Kirsten Dunst, is back.





Ironman: another Marvel favorite that seems to have been in negotiator forever, Ironman tells the story of billionaire Tony Stark, who turns his equipment to keep his heart running well into a summer suit to battle enemies. The story is way beyond me at this point as I got out of comics a long time ago and never really read much Ironman, except in the crossover comics. Perhaps even more interesting than the numerous directors who have been named to the project are the possiblies of who will play the somewhat average, yet rich, blonde, heart-diseased billionaire, most notiably among them are Leonardo DiCapiro and Tom Cruise.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, this blog is a goody. I don't read comics anymore, but I really like a good comic movie. Hulk and Spiderman rocked, and I ended up liking Batman "the real one" despite the Himalayan Ninja fucks.

Ironman. This had better rule. I would LOVE to see Tom Cruise in this one. If they don't want this one to suck like the last attempt that went straight to video, then they'd better pay Tom whatever he wants. He has really changed a lot since his, "Best at..." era. (Best pool player, fighter pilot, race car driver...)

Spiderman can only get better at this point if they go right into venom and the whole "Alien black costume" thing.

Superman...the costume blows.

X3, gotta bring that big guy from II in. I forgot his name, but he should be called, "Metallica".

2/28/2006 10:51:00 AM  
Blogger JediCraft said...

Okay, first of all Batman Begins rocks. You are like the only person who didn't like it.

Second of all, Superman will probably rock and so will Spiderman 3.

Third get a life and stop hiding your blog!

2/28/2006 07:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home