Thursday, February 02, 2006

Hello February

How are ya? Its been at least a year since we last met.

February is best known as the month of increasing snowfalls, increasing waistlines and increasing Valentine's Day-related stress headaches. In this month 1 may be the loneliest number but its also the richest and happiest. I guess I have just never been fond of Valentine's Day. This would usually be the part where I break off into a thing about the history of said holiday and maybe include a Wikipedia link or something. But you won't read it and I don't care so much. Not quite as Japan, however we are, since they have separate holidays for the girls to give cheap chocolate and homemade cookies (Valentine's Day - February 14th) and one for the guys to buy expensive presents, take their girls to fancy restaurants and/or the social outing of their choice and not go drinking with their friends for a month (White Day - March 14th).


In other news I didn't watch Bush's State of the Union Address and I doubt I missed much. I did enjoy
Munich, although I'd like to slap whoever in Hollywood that said three hour movies are okay on a regular basis. I'd also like to take this opportunity to mention how often I have been typing my posts up on my Blackberry on the subway on the way to or from work. It’s a welcome convenience. As if working with computers all day wasn't going to cause me enough pain in the future! Thanks Carpal Tunnel! (Oh yeah? Spell this!).



Wisdom of the Day: Children have been known to put a damper on social lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home