Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Sign of the Coming Apocalypse

While it’s true that not all sequels suck and many turn out to be good, this, surely, has to be a sign that Disney has, officially, run out of ideas. While Aladdin: Return of Jaffar, Peter Pan: Return to Neverland, Cinderella 2, Sleeping Beauty 2 and the Jungle Book 2 (no, I’m linking them, tough shit!) were all awful: I still feel the need to point out that is will be bad. And I’ve decided to point out a few other disappointing sequels. Feel free to disagree at any time:



Matrix Reloaded : Awesome trailers, great score, great fights and car chases, and one of the most convoluted stories this side of a Japanese anime. Does anyone know what the hell the Architect is talking about?
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire : Yeah, okay, sure, I typed out the the full name. Why is it that every year or two, like an a Alzheimer's patient, I go to see the new one only to be disappointed again. And who the hell said it's acceptable for every movie to be four hours long these day?
Aces: Iron Eagle III : So they just threw the story out the window completely? And why do they never name the enemy countries in these movies? Admittedly now it's not PC to say it was Iran or something like that, but in the 80s no one cared!
Ghostbusters II : The magic was gone and kept going. Still, it was nice to Dr. Janosz Poha continue his acting career on Ally McBell (Ally My Love for all you Japanese writers). Still, the Walking Statue of Liberty was merely an amusing copy of the Marshmallow Man.
Odorudaisosasen (Bayside Shakedown) The Movie 2 : Just wasn't funny. Not nearly as good as part one. Still, you can only appreciate either of them if you like Japanese movies.
Rocky V : Stallone at the lowest of his acting career. This was so bad I wanted to vomit. I can't believe I paid money to see this. I'm sure the words exist for how awful this movie was. And I didn't even feel happy when the good guy pulls through in the end (did he, I can't remember anymore). This movie is kinda like massive head trama.
Batman & Robin : George Clooney didn't ruin this, but he didn't help. The ice skating bad guys, nipples in the costumes, rearrange score from Batman Forever and Arnold Schwarzenegger make this one of the worst movies of all time, not only just a bad sequel.
Any Star Wars movie made after The Empire Strikes Back (Teikoku no Gyakushu) : They all sucked, except for the effects. I officially award George Lucas the title of Ed Wood without a budget.
Ocean's Twelve : Two words: This movie suckeeeeeeeeeed! What? That's three words? Sorry I was thinking on the same mentality level as the writers of this movie.
Bambi 2: At least it wasn't called Fluff Tail's Return.





Wisdom of the Day: Don’t see any movie if it has a 2 in the title. Or a too, or a to. Okay, just ask me first.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool except the last pic

mynewsbot.com

1/19/2006 12:31:00 AM  
Blogger WhipSlyme said...

Mate, bit harsh! I afree with most of them, especially Rocky 5, but Oceans 12 was OK and Return of the Jedi mate! Apart from the Ewoks, it rocked, and when I was 9 they were pretty cool.

You missed Jaws 4 too

1/19/2006 09:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home