Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Lagged

Sleep slowing is winning the battle as I'm realizing that I have been awake for nearly 3 days with no sleep now in an attempt to reset my body to NYC time. Bay Ridge is exactly as I expected it to be, dirty, loud, impolite, filled with crazies, the same. Not that it was a bad place to grow up and if you saw Saturday Night Fever you know it because much of that movie takes place here in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.

I guess I still don't really understand in my mind what is going on and it will take e a little time to understand and return to normal. Then again, what is normal? Basically, 86th Street, which is the main shopping street in this area, but it's nothing compared to Namba, Shinsaibashi, or even Shinseikai!

So, with a bit of confusion and depression starting to slowly simmer in my mind, I met the one person in the world who could cheer me up from any situation: Anne. We chatted in Caffe Café, the local Bay Ridge coffee shop, for a while and it is good to see her again. I finally realize that with good friends here I can make it an enjoyable time and easy transition. Still I do miss you all guys!!!

Widsom of Day: Don't blog while jet lagged!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Phantom said...

Actually, Bay Ridge is very nice. Take a walk down the side streets, don't judge the area by the crowded shopping area!

And yes, the pizza is very good.

11/07/2005 06:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home