Friday, October 21, 2005

The Da Vinci Tour?

Say what you will about the Japanese, they certainly know how to market to themselves. The most recent example I have seen has to be this: the Da Vinci Code, in convenient to experience tour form. The book that has been on the New York Times best seller list for so many weeks I can't find out anymore, as been made into a tour by Japanese tour companies eager to throw their customers into a web of deceit and intrigue; which will result in approximately 876 photos, 45 hours of video and $200 in souvenirs.

I briefly glanced at the brochure and through the language barrier I was able to see that the tour will take you around Europe to Paris, London and Rome while visiting all the famous sites from the book that I have forgotten by now. And like all good Japanese products, it doesn't come in one or two tour types, but five!

Maybe then we can really break the DaVinci Code? Probably right after I break the Hankyu code, why are seven different types of service on the Kawaramachi Line? Do we really need four different types of expresses, two semi-expresses and a local? I won't even go into the harvest moon express... I think I'll just stay in my house and watch internet TV.

Wisdom of the Day: Go to Bermuda instead. It's sunnier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home