Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Last Day at Berlitz

Friday was my final day at Berlitz. That sentence pretty much sums up this post, but gimme a second to think and I will have something else to say. Hang on........wait.....almost there.........................okay!

Berlitz, as many of you know, is a language school originally founded by a German-American immigrant of the same name in Massachusetts in the late 19th century. The success of his company was his no-nonsense teaching style (much different from mine, which is mostly nonsense and bad jokes). Simply put, the students were 100% exposed to the target language in the classroom. This, in ESL circles, came to be known as the Berlitz Method, and it looks nice on my resume too.

Okay, enough of the company history, this isn't an advertisement. I have worked at the Hommachi branch of Berlitz now for nearly two years and in many respects I'm sad to go. The students, on the whole, were lovely with only a few exceptions, the Japanese staff, management and teachers were all very friendly and many became good friends of mine. And now I get to host the seasonal parties (pictures forthcoming). Still like all things in life, we have to move on to something bigger and better.

I want to say thanks to everyone at Berlitz for making my life happy while I was there. I'll never forgot you guys. Okay, maybe one or two of you. Oh, and thanks for the goodbye note, Maki.

Wisdom of the Day: Don't say goodbye to people you will see again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home