Saturday, December 31, 2005

The Future




The year is nearly over as I write this, yet I don’t have much to say. Around this time last year I was in a club in Shinsaibashi slowly losing contact with reality and formulating my single New Year’s Resolution, it was this: “To be happier by this time next year than I am now.” Now, it’s one year later, almost to the minute and unlike many other people, I can honestly say I accomplished this goal.

Okay, you’re saying that’s stupid and easy, but no it wasn’t. I made myself more happy by improving myself. I worked hard to improve my Japanese (almost like night and day between last year and now), got back into web design, wasted less time and did more, went to the gym more and lost more weight and focused on my future.

But now I come to an impasse. I would like to continue with the resolution to make myself even happier next year, but I find myself having trouble on how to proceed. I have a few ideas and I will start them next week (continue studying Japanese and web design and some programming, rejoin the gym here in Brooklyn), but I wonder how the year will play out. True I didn’t know what was in store for me in 2005, but it turned out okay and I have nothing but a positive outlook for the coming year. Still the words of a song I like keep echoing in my mind:


Wisdom of the Day:
There is not future, there is no past, I live this moment as my last. There’s only this, forget regret or life is yours to miss. No other path, no other way, no day but today.


Happy New Year from all of us at the World of Jedicraft and NickCorp!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home