Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is Thanksgiving in America, so this post is for everyone who is not currently in American or is not American. Anyway, Thanksgiving is traditionally known as a time when families get together to celebrate each other and everything good in their lives that they have to be thankful for. Today, my family will be going to my Aunt Margaret’s house and having a large number of dishes, surrounded by a big turkey (not the country). Why we eat turkey I think may be related to the history of Thanksgiving, which may be somewhat fabricated.

According to my elementary school American history class, the Pilgrims (a type of British Christian who left England to escape religious persecution and start their own in the “New World”), who landed at Plymouth Rock in what is now Massachusetts, had a feast, with their Native American neighbors, together to celebrate their good fortune. This is one of the few stories of peaceful coexistence between the settlers from Europe and the Native Americans.

Anyway, I’d like to say Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends who are reading this. I thankful to know you all and you all enrich my life. Also, I’m too lazy to email you, so if you didn’t read this, well tough shit.


Wisdom of the Day:
Clouds can't kill you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home